Saturday 30 January 2016

Ha ha ha ha sula Haze, Fog Or Mist?


Last year, it's 2015, I just remember. Malaysia has been affected by severe smoke haze due to forest fires in the region periodically and recently a wild fire from Indonesia. This is due to the common practice of open burning to clear land for agricultural uses. It can be made worse by dry seasons, changes in wind direction and poor precipitation. Prevailing winds sometimes carry smoke haze produced by the forest fires over Malaysia skies.


It's tuesday, It's my first day of work. I woke up around 6:30 in the morning to fixed myself. Then, around 7:00 in the morning we go out on this Kondo Mutiara all the way to our company that we've been working with! 

While I'm driving my car we have a little conversation with my friend, normally we talk about life, family, religion, career, any topic that would come up into our mind. Then, suddenly he notice that it's quite foggy outside.  And another question and answer start...
 
Here's how it goes...
 
Friend: What do you think about that smoke outside, is it haze or fog?
Me: I'm not sure, I think it's fog..
Friend: What is the difference between fog and haze?
Me: ha-ha.. I laugh but I'm thinking what would be the right answer. Haze is caused by factory smoke and forest wild fires.. then, fog I think it's caused by water condensation.. hahaha.. But I'm not really sure with my answers!
Friend: Then, what is mist?
Me: hahaha.. LOL! It takes me sometime to think what to answer, I think my brain come's out with a smoke. The only thing that I remember is the HIDDEN MIST from Naruto series. Hihihihi... MIST?!, I cannot define LAH!.. hahaha..
 
So, I made a research to get the right answers of Haze, Fog and Mist.
 
HAZE- an aggregation in the atmosphere of very fine, widely dispersed, solid or liquid particles, or both, giving the air an opalescent appearance that subdues colors.
The haze is largely caused by illegal agricultural fires.
 

MIST- is a phenomenon caused by small droplets of water suspended in air. Physically it is one instance of a dispersion. It is most commonly seen where warm, moist air meets sudden cooling, such as in exhaled air in the winter, or when throwing water onto the hot stove of a sauna. It is often created artificially with aerosol canisters if the humidity and temperature conditions are right. It can also occur as part of natural weather, when humid air cools rapidly, for example when the air comes into contact with surfaces that are much cooler than the air.

FOG- Like clouds, fog is made up of condensed water droplets which are the result of the air being cooled to the point (actually, the dewpoint) where it can no longer hold all of the water vapor it contains. For clouds, that cooling is almost always the result of rising of air, which cools from expansion.
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment