Thursday 12 November 2015

How to Renew Your Philippine Passport at Kuala Lumpur, Phil. Embassy



What's the process of Renewing your Philippine Passport in Kuala Lumpur, DFA, Philippine Embassy? 






  • How to go at KL, Phil Embassy?
  • How early should I go?
  • What's the total processing time?
  • How quickly can I collect my passport?

Me and my wife just recently renewed our Passport at Kuala Lumpur, DFA, Phil Embassy. I'll give you some advise and tips especially for those first timers who wants to renew their passport and how you can speed up your process without wasting too much of your time. 

How to get here....

Embassy of the Republic of the Philippines
    Address: 1, Changkat Kia Peng, 50450 Kuala Lumpur, Wilayah Persekutuan Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
    Phone:+60 3-2148 4233.
    Office HoursMonday to Friday (8:00 am - 5:00 pm)For Public Transactions : 9:00 am - 11:30 am and 1:00 pm - 4:00 pm

I am staying at Butterworth, Penang and from Chai Leng park Bus station, it took 5 hours to reach Puduraya Sentral station. Then, by taxi, it's about 15 mins going to Embassy. So, just plan your time accordingly.


What documents do I need to prepare? 
  • Please bring your old passport and photocopy of pages 1,2,3. And also the pages showing the latest Bureau of Immigration departure and arrival stamps. 
  • Your working permit or Visa permit photocopy
  • Your Letter of Appointment from the company (contract)
For dependant/spouse requirements:
  • Old passport and photocopy of pages 1,2,3. And also the pages showing the latest Bureau of Immigration departure and arrival stamps.
  • Photocopy of old Dependant Pass or Visa
  • Marriage Contract
How early should I go?
  • To give you some perspective, I arrived 7:46AM at Phil. Embassy and there were >10 people already waiting to process there passport. Once you arrived, make sure you get immediately the priority number at the counter. Just press the letter Buttons for Passport. Luckily, were number 7 for passport renewal on that day. 
How long did it take?
  • From the time I arrived to the time I was called to process by DFA Officer, it took about 4 hours. 
How much does it cost?
  • For passport fee it cost RM240 for 5 years validity.
How quickly can I collect my passport?
  • It only takes 1 month to get you're new passport. 
How to check that your passport is ready to pick up or not? 
  • You can check the progress of your passport application through Phil. Embassy Passport Finder.
  • Once you key in the application number to the system, example; 292660720. Once it's ready, the system will pop-up that your passport is ready for pick up. You can either claim it personally, or ask someone to claim it for you but you need to have an authorization letter, you can also arrange a courier service. But for me, since passport is quite important I'd rather collect it personally rather than other people collect it for you. 


19 comments:

  1. hi, when you claimed your renewed passport personally in the embassy, what happens to the old passport? was it returned to you chopped or hole-punched?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Phil Embassy will return it back to you with hole punched.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi,now they alsi require marriage contract? because d lastym i renew,only the old passport is required..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They need marriage contract for my spouse that time since she is under my dependant. She hold a dependant visa while staying here in MY. For now, not really sure what's the new procedure.

      Delete
    2. Hi every one, new passport is 10yrs validity is it ?

      Delete
    3. Hello, the Philippine passport has a ten-year validity period, for those issued to Filipinos 18 years or older. Filipinos under 18 years will still be issued five-year valid passports.

      Delete
  4. Hi SriKant K, thanks for the feedback. It's been a few months that I wasn't able to update my blog. ('', anyway, I will update some information soon...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the compliment. Sorry guys, I wasn't able to update my blog. By the way, for the latest passport payment it cost about RM288.00.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am currently on tourist visa and my pasaport is expiring in next July 28 .can renew my passport in phipphines embassy in kl.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am currently on tourist visa and my pasaport is expiring in next July 28 .can renew my passport in phipphines embassy in kl.

    ReplyDelete
  8. As a tourist, you are only given 30 days to stay here in Malaysia. I'm not sure, if this number of days is enough for you to wait until the new Passport will be renewed. I would suggest, you just have to renew your passport in our country Philippines.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi thanks a lot for your info... But i just wanna ask coz im married here to a malaysian so im holding now a 1yr visa is it dependant or long term im not sure... Then i want to renew my passport in ph embassy in kl.... Do i still need to fill up the form? Have in online? Thank you

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello,
    by any chance can i renew my passport here in malaysia eventhough i am only a tourist?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hello,
    by any chance can i renew my passport here in malaysia eventhough i am only a tourist?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi... By chance you have some insight about this. I was forced to renew my passport in PH . They said I can pick It up in kl . My flight will be this weekend. I asked them not to cancel my passport because of my flight. But I'm still having anxiety attack that they might have cancelled... Hehehe. ..The release of the new one is on June 6. Should I be worried? (Note: no holes on my passport as it's still valid for another year)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hello Nyca Ysabella, im really sorry for the late response. Quite busy with the past few months. I just want to understand if you are working in Malaysia or are your holding any visa for you to stay in Malaysia? By right there shouln't be no problem since your passport still valid for 1 year and no punch hole on it.('',

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi, I would like to know if I can go to phil. Embassy renew my daughter passport after lunch hour? Is it possible that it can process the renewal of the passport?

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'd like to ask...when will the phil consular office be coming back to Kota Kinabalu?. .I'd like to apply for travel doc going home.

    ReplyDelete
  16. May I know when will the Phil consular
    Office be coming back to KK Sabah?
    I'd like to apply for a travel doc going home.

    ReplyDelete